Patients in need of chiropractic care often suffer from a misalignment of the spine. We treat this misalignment by performing a series of adjustments or manipulations to your vertebrae.
In general, we “align” your vertebrae, but we “manipulate” joints. There are many types of adjustments we make – here are a few:
- An instrument adjustment uses something called an activator, which helps us in being more specific in our readjustments.
- Lumbar rolls involve extremely precise movements while you’re lying on your side.
- We use pressure for release work, almost like a massaging technique.
- Table adjustments are very common, and involve a combination of physical movement and movement of a section of the chiropractic table.
- If we cross our hands over an area of your spine and do a quick snap, that is called a toggle drop.
Within these methods, we employ dozens of different techniques to ensure that you receive the right treatment for your specific ailments. In extreme cases, we perform manipulation under anesthesia on an outpatient basis.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment for a free consultation, please contact us today.